Summary of Position:
We are looking for a Scrum master to join our world class engineering team as we continue to deliver innovative solutions to the healthcare industry. We are currently in market with several large hospital systems, and your efforts will help us as we evolve our products and scale our client base. Our distributed teams currently benefit from utilizing Agile Scrum methodology and strive for continual improvement. As Scrum master you will play an important role in facilitating our teams to deliver high quality software through the adoption of innovative best practices. You will also work with the product team to deliver business objectives through structured planning and will leverage appropriate delivery methods.
- Work closely with the Chief Technology Officer on processes and alignment with Agile best practices
- Assist and coach the organization on how to best implement Agile/Scrum practices and values.
- Work collaboratively with the product team to build and maintain a prioritized product backlog and set target dates based on velocity.
- Organize and facilitate daily stand up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint planning, demos, and other scrum related activities
- Foster self-organizing agile teams. Facilitate the delegation of tasks and responsibilities among team members
- Use technical and functional knowledge to proactively identify team and delivery risks.
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right resource for the given issue.
- Support team building and development by utilizing the abilities and skills of individuals, which can include: empowering and supporting self-organization, facilitating discussion and conflict resolution, and fostering a feedback culture
- Recommend and implement the use of Agile metrics to provide feedback and monitor trends on productivity, quality, predictability, and value of Agile activities.
- Assists with internal communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
Competencies for success:
- Thrives on challenges and loves learning
- Is self-driven, diligent, and enjoys solving problems
- Wants to be part of a high-growth, high-innovation company that will revolutionize a market
- Prefers a collaborative environment and is comfortable working with others and giving and receiving feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field required; advanced degree preferred.
- Agile/Scrum Master-specific certification required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience leading scrum teams.
- Proven experience as a scrum master on successful software development teams involving multiple developers.
- Strong ability to influence and drive teams, and the broader organization, to success using Agile/Scrum practices
- Clear understanding of agile software development methodologies and key best practices.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a very dynamic, geographically distributed, and timeline sensitive work environment
- Must have a growth mindset and continually be growing one’s craft, learning new tools and techniques
- This position is based in Boise. Relocation assistance may be considered for the right candidate.
VisitPay is a well-funded mid-growth company in a $400B growing market. We are a nationally focused company working closely with some of the nation’s largest and most well-respected health systems to provide innovative and compelling SaaS-based products. We are poised to capture significant share in the massive and growing self-pay market. Our solutions help healthcare systems optimize their revenue while providing patients with much improved and friendly billing experience.
Located in beautiful Boise, Idaho, you will have the opportunity to work with an exceptional leadership team who has significant experience building companies in consumer finance, software and analytics, and enjoy a competitive salary, benefits and equity appreciation rights, as well as a work/life balance suited to enjoy the beautiful landscape Idaho provides.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
VisitPay is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.