Summary of Position:
The Data Analyst I is a key member of our Client Implementation team and works with our clients’ data warehouse / reporting team and VisitPay’s technical team to set up the necessary data extracts from the health system’s billing system required for the VisitPay solution suite.
- Subject matter expert to our client’s technical team for the setup of data extracts from their billing system according to the VisitPay data extract file specifications
- Participate in client operational and technical calls and VisitPay client implementation and client technical team meetings. Lead the discussion related to the data extract setup and validation
- Maintain baseline data extract file specifications; update file specifications to reflect the client’s billing system and VisitPay configuration
- Assist the client’s technical team with the setup of data extracts, including identifying the appropriate billing system tables and fields, adapting SQL scripts, automation, troubleshooting issues
- Assist the client’s technical team to perform initial quality assurance and data validation
- Act as a liaison between the client’s technical team and VisitPay technical team during the VisitPay data load and validation process
Competencies for success include the ability to:
- Manage concurrent deliverables, projects, and priorities
- Thrive in an environment of ambiguity and change
- Problem solve, with the ability to think quickly and implement plans / structure for accomplishing established goals
- Comfort level in working in a matrixed team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as this will be a client facing role
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field required.
- Strong report writing or SQL skills required. 2-3 years of SQL query and or report writing experience, preferably working with either a health care billing system (e.g. Epic or Cerner) or ERP system
- Proven experience writing extract file specifications and supporting documentation
- Experience working with hospital or financial systems a plus
- Experience working in a secure HIPAA / PHI environment a plus
- This position is based in Boise, ID. Relocation is not available for this position.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
VisitPay is a well-funded mid-growth technology company in a $400B growing market. We are a nationally focused company working closely with some of the nation’s largest and most well-respected health systems to provide innovative and compelling SaaS-based products. We are poised to capture significant share in the massive and growing self-pay market. Our solutions help healthcare systems optimize their revenue while providing patients with a much improved and friendly billing experience.
Located in beautiful Boise, Idaho, you will have the opportunity to work with an exceptional leadership team who has significant experience building companies in consumer finance, software and analytics, and enjoy a competitive salary, benefits and equity appreciation rights, as well as a work/life balance suited to enjoy the beautiful landscape Idaho provides.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
VisitPay is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.