BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (BI) SPECIALIST I
Reports To: VP of Engineering
Summary of Position:
We are seeking a Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist I to join our Engineering team. The ideal candidate has a passion for data and design and loves to provide business insight through data analysis and presentation. The reports and dashboards that you develop will contribute to projects and strategies that deliver increased profitability and increased patient satisfaction for our clients and our company.
Core skills include understanding key business questions, working knowledge of enterprise data models, writing advanced SQL queries, and developing reports and dashboards with an eye for aesthetics and effective visual communication of data.
· Business Performance Reporting: Work with our Analytics Team to design and develop reports and dashboards that focus on performance of products and services for clients and the business.
· Operational Reporting: Support our Product Team by developing reports that enable internal teams and our clients to operate data driven business processes.
· Ad-Hoc Data Discovery and Analysis: Assist our Production Support and Client Services Teams by writing queries to help answer questions about system processes.
Competencies for success:
· Thrives on challenges and steep learning curves
· Exceptional communication skills
· Is intellectually curious and action oriented
· Wants to be part of a high-growth, high innovation company that is transforming the healthcare-finance market
· Prefers a collaborative environment and is comfortable giving and receiving feedback
· Has the capacity to understand and work in a complex data environment
· BS in a quantitative or analytic field (or, a BS in a non-quantitative field with other evidence of analytical experience and strength)
· 1-2 years of work experience (preferred) with track record of delivering results and driving impact (internships will count toward this experience)
· Demonstrated SQL experience, with an emphasis on querying multiple large-volume data sets for the purpose of summary reporting
· Skilled in using reporting tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI, Tableau, Crystal Reports, etc.
· Nice to have: Some experience with programming languages such as Python or PowerShell.
VisitPay is a well-funded mid-growth company in a $400B growing market. We are a nationally focused company working closely with some of the nation’s largest and most well-respected health systems to provide innovative and compelling SaaS-based products. We are poised to capture significant share in the massive and growing self-pay market. Our solutions help healthcare systems optimize their revenue while providing patients with much improved and friendly billing experience.
Located in beautiful Boise, Idaho, you will have the opportunity to work with an exceptional leadership team who has significant experience building companies in consumer finance, software and analytics, and enjoy a competitive salary, benefits and equity appreciation rights, as well as a work/life balance suited to enjoy the beautiful landscape Idaho provides.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
VisitPay is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application was submitted successfully.