Reports to: Agile Coach
FLSA Status: Salaried/Exempt
Summary of Position:
We are looking for a Scrum Master to join our world class engineering team as we continue to deliver innovative solutions to the healthcare industry. We are currently in market with several large hospital systems, and your efforts will help us as we evolve our products and scale our client base. Our distributed teams currently benefit from utilizing Agile and Scrum methodologies and strive for continuous improvement. As a Scrum Master you will play an important role in acting as a facilitator and coach to one or more of cross-functional teams to deliver high quality software through the adoption of innovative best practices. The candidate is responsible for promoting and supporting the Agile mindset in their daily interactions, enabling flow of work through the teams, removing impediments, and raising transparency, all while fostering an environment of continuous improvement.
- Coach teams and individuals on Agile practices and values.
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint planning, and other scrum related activities.
- Foster self-organizing agile teams. Facilitate the delegation of tasks and responsibilities among team members. Shield the team from outside distractions and interferences.
- Promote team accountability to their commitments.
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right resource for the given issue.
- Support team building and development by utilizing the abilities and skills of individuals and the team, which can include empowering and supporting self-organization, facilitating discussion and conflict resolution, and fostering a feedback culture.
- Support and collaborate with the Product Owner on Backlog Prioritization, Epic Management, Backlog Refinement and ensuring that goals and scope are understood by everyone on the Scrum Team as well as possible.
- Report team progress using of Agile metrics to provide feedback and monitor trends on productivity, quality, predictability, and value of Agile activities.
- Assist with the organization and team with communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
Competencies for success:
- Thrives on challenges and loves learning.
- Is self-driven, diligent, and enjoys solving problems.
- Wants to be part of a high-growth, high-innovation company that will revolutionize a market.
- Prefers a collaborative environment and is comfortable working with others and giving and receiving feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field required.
- Scrum Master certification (CSM or PSM) required.
- 1-3 years of experience working with development teams delivering a SaaS application.
- Clear understanding of Agile methodologies and key best practices.
- Strong ability to influence and drive teams, and the broader organization, to success using Agile/Scrum practices.
- Knowledge of various Agile frameworks in addition to Scrum (e.g., Kanban, XP, SAFe, LeSS)
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a very dynamic, geographically distributed, and timeline sensitive work environment.
- Must have a mindset of continuous improvement and continually be growing one’s craft, learning new tools and techniques.
- This position is based in Boise. Relocation assistance may be considered for the right candidate.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
VisitPay is a well-funded mid-growth company in a $400B growing market. We are a nationally focused company working closing with some of the nation’s largest and most well-respected health systems to provide innovative and compelling SaaS-based products. We are poised to capture significant share in the massive and growing self-pay market. Our solutions help healthcare systems optimize their revenue while providing patients with much improved and friendly billing experience.
Located in beautiful Boise, Idaho, you will have the opportunity to work with an exceptional leadership team who has significant experience building companies in consumer finance, software and analytics, and enjoy a competitive salary, benefits and equity appreciation rights, as well as a work/life balance suited to enjoy the beautiful landscape Idaho provides.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
VisitPay is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.